Wednesday, September 23, 2009

3 days road trip around Guatemala – 2nd part!

After another 4 hours driving and 20 minutes being sent against the person next to me in a small but very fast motor boat… we finally arrive in Livingston!

Livingston is a small city that you can access it only by boat, and once you reach this remote city, you immediately notice its African roots. This Guatemalan Rasta city has found its own balance between the cultures of Jamaica and Guatemala. It has a Caribbean charm that you immediately notice. White sand, blue sea, music in the streets…





There is something else that is different in this part of Guatemala… I don’t understand when people talk… no, this Caribbean atmosphere did not make me forget my Spanish. In Livingston, people speak Garifunda, a language that I have never heard before. They say that it is a mix of French, Italian and Spanish… the fact is that I don’t understand a single word! Luckily, they also speak Spanish…

Of course, English is not an option…




Everything is so different, everybody is so relaxed… don’t you want to be just like them? I definitely do! Time for me to look more like a local… Let’s do a before/after for this!


Before…




When the transformation starts…




After!


Transformation … succeeded! Let’s have some rest because tomorrow is Day 2, and we have many other adventures waiting for us!


Petite pensée spéciale pour Lise... quand j'ai vu ça j'ai pas su résister!

No comments:

Post a Comment